It is said that talent runs in the family, here we bring you the top 5 siblings in EDM!
5. Showtek – Showtek are Wouter and Sjoerd Janssen, two Dutch brothers who live for electronic dance music. Starting off as hardstyle producers, they changed their style to electro house over the years and rose to fame with their “Crazy Collabs,” which saw them collaborate with Bassjackers, Hardwell, and Justin Prime. Their latest release “Booyah” has had over 1 million views on its official video. There is no end in sight to what these super talented brothers are capable of!
4. Matisse & Sadko – Matisse & Sadko are Russia’s newest export. They are quickly making a name for themselves worldwide for their uplifting progressive house masterpieces. Arty, Sander Van Doorn, Swedish House Mafia, Armin van Buuren, Tiesto, Above & Beyond, Thomas Gold, and Michael Woods have taken notice, supporting the Russian brothers in their live sets. Their forthcoming remix of Saints of Valory – Neon Eyes is coming out Oct. 28 and is already creating a ton of buzz. Matisse & Sadko are definitely names you will be hearing a lot more in 2014!
3. Steve Angello & AN21 – Steve Angello is a man who needs little introduction. He was 1/3 of Swedish House Mafia, the biggest EDM sensation since Daft Punk. Since their breakup last year Steve has stayed busy working on new tracks with hot up & comers such as the aforementioned Matisse & Sadko on the Size release, “SLVR,” which was the label’s 100th release. Size recently celebrated its 10 year anniversary, a milestone in the EDM label world.
AN21 is Steve Angello’s younger brother, Antoine Josefsson, who achieved commercial success from his work with best friend and music partner Max Vangeli. Their highly anticipated new album, “People of the Night,” is already gaining rave reviews. “People of the Night” features the track “H8rs,” a much talked about collaboration with brother Steve.
2. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike – Belgium brothers Dimitri Thivaios & Michael Thivaios, better known as Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike have taken the world by storm earning them the 6th spot in the Top 100 DJs in the world according to DJ Magazine. They’ve earned the title as the “Kings of TomorrowLand” and with massive upcoming collaborations with Steve Aoki and Fedde Le Grand, their story of success is only just beginning.
1. NERVO – Aussie sisters Mim and Liv Nervo had their big break-through as songwriters when they co-wrote Dadid Guetta’s world-wide smash “When Love Takes Over” featuring Kelly Rowland, which charted at #1 in 11 countries across the globe and won a Grammy.
This year saw the NERVO girls rocking the main stages at UMF Miami, EDC Las Vegas, TomorrowLand, and TomorrowWorld. Their latest single, NERVO & Ivan Gough ft. Beverly Knight – Not Taking This No More has been in the Beatport Top 10 since its release last month. Their monster collab with R3hab and Ummet Ozcan, “Revolution,” is destined to rock the charts upon its upcoming release on Spinnin Records. These girls are definitely here to stay!!